A clear set of principles that underpinned our approach to developing e-Advantage.
Building on past success
e-Advantage was inspired by the success of our earlier Erasmus+ project, BREW www.brewproject.eu.
BREW identified a demand for enterprise advice specifically for older women aged 45-50+ who, research has shown, do not have the same opportunities as younger people or men of the same age. e-Advantage built on BREW by creating a creating a safe, open space online where like-minded women could connect.
We started work on this project just before the start of the Covid 19 pandemic in 2020 and had to respond quickly to the massive impact of the crisis on every aspect of our lives.
Over the last 3 years, we have explored new ways of learning, working and many of our participants, also found previously unknown levels of strength and resilience.
The platform was created as a resource and safe space for our mentors and mentees to communicate online through registering as a member. Registration has now been removed to enable open access to the training and other resources.
- Over 160 women trained as peer mentors, far exceeding our original target of 40.
- Online training webinar for peer mentor tutors.
- Online peer training modules for free download by independent learners or for use by tutors with accompanying tutor guides, handbook and case studies in all partner languages.
- Networking groups for each country (closed at the end of the project).
- A needs analysis survey and pilot training programme with 186 women in partner countries.
- A mentor matching feature now closed as superseded by mentors and mentees communicating on and offline to initiate their own mentoring relationships.
- The platform will continue to provide free access to training modules for use by independent learners or used by tutors with accompanying tutor guides. These, plus links to other resources are all available in English, Italian, Spanish, Hungarian, Romanian and Czech.